Data Science Working Group
Topics such as data science, data analytics, smart analytics and big data are currently gaining in importance for actuaries due to technological advances and digitization. There is a shift in the insurance industry that has already greatly changed the work of actuaries and will continue to be a catalyst of change. The Data Science working party will actively promote and support these developments by acting as a center of excellence the area of data science within the Swiss Association of Actuaries (SAA).
The aims of the working party are:
- Statistical modeling of actuarial topics,
- Contribution to the upskilling of actuaries in the field of data science,
- clarify the educational and CPD needs of actuaries in data science,
- Support of the Board of SAA in connection with data science issues,
- Exchange with other actuarial associations and to data science groups outside the SAA.